Critical Reading And Thinking Skills
Asking Questions about what you read
- What is the author’s purpose?
- Who is the intended audience?
- What is the author’s bias or point of view?
- What is the author’s tone?
Evaluating what you have read
- Distinguish fact from opinion
- Make inferences from the reading
- Recognize thought patterns
- Order of sequence
- Comparison and contrast
- Cause and Effect
- Listing, Classification
- Effective Study Techniques
- Writing Rules
- Writing an Essay
- Increase reading rate
- Increase span of recognition
- Reduce fixations